Walt Disney World is the happiest place on earth, however if you are a pooh sized person sometimes that anxiety of not being able to fit comfortably on certain rides may ruin the fun of the vacation. As a larger person I can tell you exactly what I went through and possibly hinder some of your ride fitting anxiety.
Magical Express, buses to and from the theme parks and the monorail:
The row down the center of the Magical Express is a little tight but the seats are spacious. The buses to and from the theme parks and the monorail are open seating so there is absolutely no fitting in worry here!
Here is a list of rides and the seats that go along with it. Keep in mind there are some turnstiles which are small, I fit through them sideways.
- Dinosaur – this is one of my favorite rides the seats are narrow and there is a seat belt that you must put on, the seat belt is large. The ride itself is very bumpy and may be uncomfortably for some people.
- Expedition Everest – the seats are tight but there is a test seat outside the gift shop to see if you can ride or not.
- Kali River Rapids – the seat belts have extenders, the seats are narrow but you can use two seats.
- Primeval Whirl – over the head bars, it is very tight you may want to skip this ride.
- Triceratop Spin – on this ride one Pooh sized person can sit in the front and one in the back sitting comfortably.
- Kilimanjaro Safari – a jeep with bench seats with no belts, the ride is very bumpy but totally worth it.
- Festival of the Lion King – show in a covered arena with bleachers without backs
- Finding Nemo – The Musical – show in a covered arena with bench seats with backs
- Flights of Wonder – show in a covered arena with bench seats without backs
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! – indoor 3D movie with bench seats with backs
Walking trails include the Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Both of these trails are very long, the Maharajah Jungle Trek has benches throughout. Rafiki’s Planet Watch’s Wildlife Express is a train ride with bench seats, there is a long walk from the train station to the building.
Magic Kingdom is a GIANT park with lots of walking. There are benches and other places to sit all over however in the Florida sun make sure you keep hydrated and go indoors when it gets too much.
- Tom Sawyer Island and Swiss Family Treehouse – both walking attractions, Swiss family is stairs and its a slow climb up and down.
- Walt Disney Railroad – a slow moving train with bench seats
- Astor Orbiter – the seats are small and there is an elevator ride to get onto the ride
- Space Mountain – The space is small and there is a low t-bar
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority – there is a moving sidewalk, which I trip on all the time! the seats are bench seats very spacious.
- Buzz Lightyear – bench seats with a high back, there is room for two smaller people or one sized Pooh person!
- Carousel Of Progress – theater seating, this is also a great ride to escape the Florida heat and enjoy a show!
- Stitch’s Great Escape – why anyone would want to ride this is beyond me but it is a small individual seats with a harness that comes down, at one point it kinda digs into you. Not the most comfortable seats
- Tomorrowland Speedway – individual cars, the space is small getting into and out of
- Barnstomer – small space, roller coaster
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – small space bench seat one person per Dumbo should be able to ride
- “It’s a Small World” – besides having the song stuck in your head for the rest of your trip it is a bench seat and although you have to climb in and out of the boat everyone should be able to ride in comfort.
- Mad Tea Party – cup and saucer ride, if you can handle spinning the ride should be fine for you
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – beach seats and high bar, should fit per person just fine.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 3D show, theater seat another great place to get out of the heat and enjoy a great show, one of my favorites!
- Seven Dwarf Mine Train – bench seat with lap bar, this is a roller coaster with seats that swing
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid – bench seat with a high bar, cute ride comfortable seat
- Hall of Presidents – yet another great show to get out of the relentless heat, it is theater seating
- Haunted Mansion – short standing pre-show (with dark parts) bench seats with a high bar, I’ve never had a problem with this ride
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – small spaces and high bar, this is a very rough roller coaster, I enjoy it every year when I go but may not be for everyone
- Country Bear Jamboree – bench seat and cool break from the sun
- Splash Mountain – bench seat with lap bar – you have to climb in and out of the ride, this is a roller coaster like ride with a giant drop, one of my favorites but not for everyone
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – small spaces
- Pirates of the Caribbean – you have to climb in and out of the boat and it is a bench seat
- Jungle Cruise – you have to climb in and out of the boat and it is a bench seat
- Enchanted Tiki Room – bench seats with no backs an enjoyable show
There is enough walking in Hollywood Studios fortunately the attractions are close enough that there isn’t too much walking in between rides or shows. Here is a list of the attractions here and the seats that go along with it.
- Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones Eric Stunt Spectacular – outdoor theater with bench seats
- Fantasmic – bench seats without backs
- Great Movie Ride – bench seats with backs
- Jim Henson’s MuppetVision 4D – theater seats
- One Man’s Dream – walk through exhibits and a theater seat film
- Rock and Roller Coaster – small spaces and overhead harness
- Star Tours – theater seats with retractable seat belt
- Toy Story Mania – bench seats with a high back, there is room for two smaller people or one sized Pooh person!
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – bench seating with handles on the seats which may make it uncomfortable there are also seat belts here.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid – theater seats, there are benches available
Epcot is giant and has a lot of walking, make sure to stay hydrated and take breaks often. There are boats you can take from the land to the World Showcase you should utilize them when possible. There is so much to do here so you may want to break it up into two days just so you see everything and don’t get worn down too easily.
- Spaceship Earth – a classic – bench seat
- Living with the Land – bench seat a slow moving ride through the gardens at Epcot
- Circle of Life – a movie with theater seats
- Journey into Your Imagination – bench seat with high bar
- Seas with Nemo and Friend – bench seat in a clamobile
- Ellen Energy Adventure – bench seats with plenty of room
- Mission: Space – close quarters with a harness
- Soarin – bench seats with hand grips and seat belts, there is a restraint between your legs which doesn’t need to be used
- Test Track – theater like seats with seatbelts, the front has more room than the back
- Grand Fiesta Tour – you have to climb in and out of the boat and it is a bench seat that is at a slight angle
- Wonders of China and O’Canada – standing shows
- American Adventure and Impressions De France – theater seats
I hope this list has helped in your preparation for your next trip to Walt Disney World, other suggestions are take short walks at home and built up so you will not be in pain your entire trip from all the walking and bring hats and water to keep as cool as possible. Also why not join our facebook page dedicated to Pooh Sized friends?
If you have any other suggestion please feel free to share in the comment section below?
Latest posts by Karen A (see all)
- Top 7 Magical things to do after dark in Walt Disney World - February 19, 2017
- Top 5 reasons to stay at Disney’s Polynesian Resort - February 16, 2017
- Top 5 reasons we love Disney’s Hollywood Studios - February 13, 2017