What exactly is Disney Animal Kingdom? A large Zoo? A theme park? Yep all that and so much more!
Lets take a look at my top 5 reason for loving Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The shows; Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, the muscial and Wonders of Flight are just some of the fun and action-packed shows. There are also live performances throughout the park.
- DinoLand USA; there is a kid super friendly area called DinoLand USA which is home to Primeval Whirl, an exciting spinning roller coaster, as well as the Boneyard, Fossil Fun games and Tricera Top Spin
- The Tree of Life; the tree of life houses It’s Tough to be a Bug a 3D movie but just as enjoyable is the carvings in the tree itself. There are over 320 animals which were done by several artists. It is truly amazing to look at!
- The Animals; the safari is a wonderful way to view the animals and get some great pictures, the guide is very informative and the animals are normally plentiful however that is not the only place to spot animals. You need to take your time and keep your eyes open, I saw monkeys and a crocodile just by looking over the fences while waiting for my family, so just make sure you have your eyes open and your camera ready! The conservative station, Rafiki’s Planet watch and Maharajah’s Jungle Trek are some other locations where you can spot some of your favorite animals.
- Thrill Rides; Searching for a dinosaur, fighting off a Yeti or soaring down the rapids at Kali’s rapids all of these fun rides are present at Animal Kingdom! You can spot Expedition Everest as soon as you near Asia and if you can get past the giant climb which is obvious by looking at the ride then you can enjoy the ride (not me!). Dinosaurs is an exhilarating ride where you go back in time trying to capture a Dinosaur before the meteor storm hits! And the rapids are just that and exciting ride down Kali’s Rapids will leave you wishing you had brought a change of clothes!
As an added Bonus I am loving the all new Rivers of Light show. I can’t wait to see it. Check out a review from Chip and Co on last nights opening.
As you can tell from the above list I love Animal Kingdom!
With live animals present there will always be something new to see!
What is your favorite thing about Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
Leave a comment below!
Latest posts by Karen A (see all)
- Top 7 Magical things to do after dark in Walt Disney World - February 19, 2017
- Top 5 reasons to stay at Disney’s Polynesian Resort - February 16, 2017
- Top 5 reasons we love Disney’s Hollywood Studios - February 13, 2017