Walt Disney World is the type of vacation where you are up at the break of dawn to get to the park early enough to see a rope drop, or to beat the crowds but if you are an early to bed kind of person you are missing out on so much of what makes Walt Disney World special! Every night there is something going on at each one of the theme parks, something you will want to enjoy, let’s take a look what Walt Disney World has to offer after the sun goes down.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – During the day time the World Showcase Lagoon is a beautiful body of water in the center of Epcot. As evening sets in you will notice people starting to gather around the lagoon because at night it transforms into an explosion of fireworks, pyrotechnics, laser lights, dancing water, beautiful music, and a massive rotating globe which portrays images from around the world. This is one show that captures everyone’s imagination and a definite not to be missed!
- Rivers of Light – As the sun goes down and the park gets dark Animal Kingdom reminds us all that we are all connected to the land! The new show with combines the parks signature Tree of Life with live performers, floating lanterns, special effects, glistening fountains, lights, lasers and more projected on giant water screen water fountains, mist screens, floating lanterns, fire effects, lasers, lights, fog, projection mapping. This show finally previewed after being pushed back a few times.
- Fantasmic! – Certain nights of the week Hollywood Studios has a show at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater which will knock you off your feet! This show is all about a trip into Mickey’s imagination and his battle between good and evil. This show combines Disney characters, both good guys and villains, special effects and projected animation, pyrotechnics, music and dancing water as well as a giant dragon! People start lining up for this up to an hour before the show, make sure to get there early and enjoy!
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Another, newer nighttime show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios which brings you into the Star Wars movies. This show combines fireworks, lasers, fire, fog effects, and more to bring you a not to be missed show.
- Wishes – which will be replaced by Happily Ever After – As the sun goes down and the park gets dark Magic Kingdom decides to light up the night for you! Head towards the castle where Jiminy Cricket tells guests all about making wishes come true and the skies light up with the best firework show you will ever see! One of the best things about this show? Tinkerbell Fly’s overhead, young and old love this show! The new show will start in May of 2017.
- Electrical Water Pageant – So I have been going to Walt Disney World for as far back as I can remember, 4 years ago I was minding my business eating dinner at O’Hana’s and I happen to look out the window and thought, what the heck is that? Well it is the Electrical Water Pageant. This is a fun show on the Seven Seas Lagoon that is somewhat a treat for guests at the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian resorts, or anyone eating at their restaurants that have windows facing the water!
- Special Attractions – Different seasons bring different exciting nighttime shows, at Christmas the castle of Magic Kingdom becomes Elsa’s ice castle, there is an amazing Christmas parade that ends with the big guy himself and the fun Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. At Halloween time there is the party of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade.
Besides being a wonderful way to complete your night at Walt Disney World these are spectacular shows! I feel that everyone needs to make sure to see all of these wonderful night-time shows at least once in a lifetime!
Do you have other things to do after dark? Comment below!
Latest posts by Karen A (see all)
- Top 7 Magical things to do after dark in Walt Disney World - February 19, 2017
- Top 5 reasons to stay at Disney’s Polynesian Resort - February 16, 2017
- Top 5 reasons we love Disney’s Hollywood Studios - February 13, 2017