There are a lot of articles out there discussing why adult only trips to Disney World are great, or what rides are great for the younger ones, or tips on bringing younger ones to Walt Disney World. But what about the older kids, those pesky tweens or teenagers who think Disney is just for kids and will do everything in their power to torture you throughout your entire trip! Well here you go, a list of fun Disney things that will have your older kids asking to go back!
- Interactive areas – there are certain rides and areas in the theme parks which are interactive! These areas are great for the older kids, Advance Training Lab and Imagine Works at Epcot, or rides like Buzz Lightyear or Toy Story where the ride is actually interactive and much like a video game.
- Funny Shows – not all tweens and teenagers like Broadway like shows (for those that do please go see all the shows WDW has to offer) however there are some really funny shows that all teens and tweens will love such as Monster Inc, Mickeys PhilharMagic, the Muppets 3D, & the gross but kind of funny Stiches Great Escape
- The classics – these rides are classic because they have that special something! Rides likes Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise are much loved by kids, tweens, teens and adults alike.
- Thrill rides – often times when you think of Walt Disney World the first thoughts are its a small world or Cinderella’s castle, I can see why the young adults have no interest in going! However Walt Disney World has thrill rides for every interest. There is Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin at Epcot, Star Tours, Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Expedition Everest, Dinosaurs and Kali Rapids at Animal Kingdom and Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarf Mine Train at Magic Kingdom
- The ability to travel on their own – with Walt Disney World transportation your teen can travel on their own back to the hotel, or sleep in a little later and catch up with the group later, you will have the safety of knowing the buses, monorails and ferry’s are ran by Disney.
Not only will your tweens and teens enjoy visiting Walt Disney World, they may even create memories of their own and of course will want to visit again! If this list doesn’t convince them then I’m sorry your stuck with a stick in the mud like my oldest!!
What does your tween/teen love about Disney? Comment below!
Latest posts by Karen A (see all)
- Top 7 Magical things to do after dark in Walt Disney World - February 19, 2017
- Top 5 reasons to stay at Disney’s Polynesian Resort - February 16, 2017
- Top 5 reasons we love Disney’s Hollywood Studios - February 13, 2017